Simply Raw Level 3: Dehydration
The “crunchy” element or how to expand the range of meals and textures to enrich your raw menus. This step is important to vary the pleasures, prepare different foods in advance and facilitate the transition to an increasingly raw diet.
Seats are limited — reserve yours today!
Dehydration is a preparation technique essential to those wishing to increase their consumption of raw foods. Of course, it’s important to focus on fresh and whole foods, unprocessed, that have great hydrating properties. However, it’s useful to add almost-cooked, crispy foods. These can complete fruit and vegetables in a pleasant way, reinforce the flavors of certain marinated preparations and facilitate the planning of menus, as dehydrated foods keep much longer.
- Six full hours of teaching and live raw food demonstrations
- The opportunity to make your own recipes and try out various techniques
- Numerous tasting opportunities throughout the workshop
- A variety of small raw meals made of organic, top quality ingredients
- A printed booklet with all the recipes covered in class as well as useful information
- Advice regarding local suppliers for equipment and ingredients
- Discounts on kitchen equipment from the Simply Raw Shop
- Meeting and sharing with other like-minded people
- The opportunity to join a local raw food community for potlucks and a chat forum…
You will be tasting many dishes and drinks: crunchy granola, flax seed crackers, sprouted grain bread, wraps or crepes, veggie burgers and croquettes, macaroons and cookies, and the class highlight: the raw pizza- everything raw and dehydrated for real crunch !
Having followed the Simply Raw Level 1 introductory class is recommended, unless you are already somewhat familiar with raw foods, but this is not mandatory! This class is not an introductory level so it will not cover the basic understanding and science behind raw food. It is a third step in integrating raw food in your daily diet that will provide more in-depth knowledge and skills to move along on your raw food journey.